Thursday, July 18, 2013

Homemade Lower Fat Pimento Cheese and Summer Tomatoes with Truffle OilSandwich

If you are as obsessed with truffle oil as I am then you will love this quick sammy! It's a lot like my avocado tomato truffle oil sandwich but cheesier ;)


Homemade Lower Fat Pimento Cheese
(Makes a lot but good to have on hand in the summer for guest that might just pop in)

Ingredients: 
12 oz - shredded sharp cheddar 
6oz - shredded mozzarella 
6oz - 50% low-fat Pepper Jack cheese (Cabot is what I used). 
2tbs Reduced Fat Vegenaise or low-fat mayo (add more if you like yours a little creamier but be careful it will add more fat)
1 jar of diced Pimentos, drained
2 tsps - Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste 

Mix all ingredients together and yum! 

For the sandwich - toast your favorite bread (I prefer Ezekiel's sprouted grains) and slice your beautiful summer tomatoes. Sprinkle a small amount of salt, pepper and Truffle Oil (I use white truffle oil made with sunflower oil that I got from Publix and Winn Dixie- expensive but last forever) on tomatoes. Spread the Homemade Pimento cheese in toasted bread And add the Sliced tomatoes and Presto! Deliciousness!! 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks.
    spirulina powder UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of MLM Network Software from mlmappstore.us /demo Go check it out. Contact mlmappstore.us/contact-us/ for? a free demo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    Relajante Natural Antiestres

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice looking sandwich, thanks for this post..healthy eating is the key to healthy life..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing Recipe of Sandwich Which You Presents Low Fat.really Looking So Delicious and healthy.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this! I made it last minute because we had all the ingredients on hand. I must say, we were stunned with how wonderful it tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow it is amazing and wonderful and easy to make recipe thanks for sharing.
    health write for us

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. NUTRITION

    ReplyDelete
  10. 80 lower I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article...

    ReplyDelete