Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Taste of Borough Market in London


My husband and I recently went to Europe in June on an amazing trip. The last week of our trip we stopped in London to visit my sister-in-law and her family, we had  a great time visiting and spending time in London. While we were there we went to Borough Market in Southwark, London. I've been dying to go ever since I saw it on the Food Network and needless to say it exceeded my expectations! For those of you who aren't familiar with Borough Market, it is considered one of the largest farmer's markets in the world and in my opinion one of the most unique. It opened in 1851 and is the best wholesale fruit and vegetable market that I'd ever laid my eyes on! The market has a vast array of produce, rare meats, fine cheeses and wines, gourmet food and beautifully crafted sweet treats! A place where you could spend all day wondering and tasting everything it has to offer. We went on a Saturday and shopped for a BBQ we were having later that evening and treated ourselves to a few different lunch options. Everything was so fresh and simply delicious! It's a must do if you go to London! 
Here are some of the pictures that I took while I was trying to soak it all up!


My brother-in-law and his daughter enjoying the market!

                                      Fruits and Vegetables...
 








CHEESE...


A must place to visit and taste all the different cheeses, AMAZING!
Parmesan everywhere!
My fav - Goat Cheese!
Chocolates...

 Meat...


 Flowers...





food Vendors...

Shrimp Wraps


Paella
Duck Sandwiches
Raclette was fascinating to watch them make it. It is a Swiss meal made by melting the Raclette cheese and scraping off the sizzling melted cheese onto the top of hot boiled potatoes, pickled onions, and gherkins - yummy!
Paella and other rice dishes!




Vegan Vendor :)

Olivia, our niece, and hubby at the Market!

Dessert - low fat yogurt with fresh fruit!


The meal we prepared for the BBQ, what a treat!

Sliced tomatoes with fresh basil, olive oil, and salt and pepper


Broiled fingerling potatoes with fresh herbs


Baked artichoke and grilled mushrooms



Grilled chicken and steak

Paul, our nephew, celebrating after finishing his healthy meal all made from Borough Market!! 
Thank you to my sweet husband for the incredibly fun trip! 

2 comments:

  1. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your dish and salad on the dish both. Actually i love to eat tomato in salad. I am a big fan of chicken and i like Grilled chicken and steak so i will give a chance to it.

    ReplyDelete